The Privy Data Promise
Our commitment to Privy users on how we handle your customer data.
Data, privacy, and security are important to us and each is paramount to the success of our business. So is transparency. That is why we are putting out this document which aims to serve as a clear, transparent and easily digestible summary of Privy’s long standing policies with respect to data privacy and protection. Consider this our promise to our users, their customers and our community.
In many cases, using Privy means that you’re collecting customer or prospect contact information, other personally identifiable information, as well as website visitor data derived from the Privy platform that is instrumental to your business. And we take the responsibility of handling that data very seriously.
Regardless of which Privy plan you subscribe to, Privy, has not, does not, and will not ever:
- Sell or share your customer email addresses, subscribers, or any other personally identifiable information that your customers provide you with at sign up.
- Send emails or otherwise contact your customers or subscribers without your consent, for any purpose.
- Display any third party ads on your website without your approval.
So what information do we share?
- If you are subscribed to a paid plan with Privy, none (and we mean NONE) of the information that you collect about your customers and prospects is shared with third parties. This information is stored securely within the Privy platform only for your use. The only partner scripts that load on paid accounts are ReCaptcha related, to aid in the prevention against spam and bot driven form submissions.
- If you are a user on a free plan with Privy, we may introduce cookies from our partners which collect completely anonymous and non-personally identifiable information about visitors to your site. And as of May 25th, 2018, even on the free plan, we will never introduce partner cookies for visitors on your site coming from the European Union. To reiterate, even for users on a free plan with Privy, under no circumstances does Privy share or sell the email addresses or any other personally identifiable information that is provided to you at sign up, or use your customers’ email addresses for sending emails without your consent.
What is a "cookie" and what information does it collect?
- A "cookie" is a small text file placed on your visitors' computer or mobile device hard drive by a website’s server. Cookies are used to collect and send information about your customers’ website visits – for example, number of visits, average time spent, pages viewed, referral website links, navigation history through the website and other anonymous, de-identified statistics.
Why does Privy introduce partner cookies on free accounts?
- Unlike most other vendors in the marketing category, we are committed to offering a robust always free plan to our users, not just a free trial period. With over 100,000 active free users, Privy has managed to build a community of small and medium sized businesses that, through the Privy platform, now have tools they have never had before, allowing our users to grow their businesses and drive revenue without the need to ever pay Privy for its services.
- Our data partner relationships allow us to subsidize these free services, offer live support for the Privy platform for free users, and continously innovate on the tools which help small and medium sized businesses like yours grow around the world.
At Privy, we are dedicated to earning and keeping your trust as you let us help you grow your business. Our goal is to make it easy for you to understand your privacy choices and we are fully committed to providing the data privacy and security that you and your customers expect.
As we strive to maintain the highest standards of security and transparency, we welcome your feedback, comments, and questions at email@example.com.