For this role, we’re looking for an experienced engineer who wants to contribute to a seasoned engineering team.
- We do thorough code reviews using GitHub pull requests. We aim for high code quality with a lightweight process.
- We practice rapid iteration - if it’s been reviewed and makes production better, deploy to production.
- Before coding, we sweat the details and edge cases, debate the design, and disagree openly.
- We use the best tools money can buy, and focus on solving real problems for customers, not re-inventing the wheel.
- We write tests pragmatically for things that are mission-critical or prone to failure. Think billing and offer redemption, not Backbone templates.
- Our stack: Ruby on Rails, Postgres, Backbone.js, Redis, ElasticSearch.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, and at least 2 years experience in professional software development.
- You've shipped readable, modular, reusable code to users.
- Deep understanding of web application architecture and computer science principles.
- You communicate ideas clearly, and write intelligently.
- You're an independent self-starter who can take an ambiguous idea from whiteboard to running in production.
- You can see the bigger picture and want to be part of a business, not just an engineering team.
Why join Privy?
- Privy is still a small company poised for great growth.
- We have amazing clients representing over 1000 US store locations - and growing every day.
- We've raised money from top investors like 500 Startups and Atlas Venture, and executives at Hubspot, Intuit, and Google.
- We invest heavily in our people, culture and perks. Craft beer and coffee. Weekly team lunches. Fireside chats.
No recruiters please. Thanks!