Software Engineer (mid/senior)
Privy enables online stores to improve their on-site conversion through the use of highly targeted and completely customizable pop-ups, banners, flyouts, and bars. By offering unique discounts, exclusive content, sweepstakes, and more, stores using Privy see significant improvement in both email signups and sales.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer who wants to contribute to our growing company. This is a rare opportunity to join a successful startup that is already rapidly growing, but still has room for you to make a career-changing difference for the business.
• Build new integrations with third party APIs, and troubleshoot and maintain them.
• Extend and maintain the Privy platform API.
• Make and explain design trade-offs, mentor junior engineers, and prioritize bugs.
• We do thorough code reviews using GitHub pull requests. We aim for high code quality with a lightweight process.
• We practice rapid iteration - if it’s been reviewed and makes production better, deploy to production.
• Before coding, we sweat the details and edge cases, debate the design, and disagree openly.
• We use the best tools money can buy, and focus on solving real problems for customers, not re-inventing the wheel.
• We write tests pragmatically for things that are mission-critical or prone to failure. Think billing and offer redemption, not Backbone templates.
Minimum required qualifications:
• At least 2 years experience in professional software development.
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
• Deep understanding of web application architecture and computer science principles.
• Demonstrated mastery in at least one programming language.
• Communicate ideas clearly, and write intelligently.
• Able to work onsite at our Boston, MA office. Only local candidates will be considered.
• Existing US work authorization required - sorry, no sponsorship available.
We're builders and we want to work with other builders. Many of us create music, publish art, maintain open source libraries, write blogs, found businesses, and build products.
Our super awesome benefits:
• Competitive compensation
• 100% of health insurance premiums covered
• Unlimited vacation & sick time (with 2 weeks/year minimum)
• Free weekly team lunches
• Daily snacks, coffee and tea
• Book & training budget
• Lunch & learn presentations
• Unlimited startup war stories on demand
No recruiters please. Thanks!
See our commitment to candidates: https://engineering.privy.com/our-commitment-to-candidates/