Software Engineer, May 2018
• Build new integrations with third party APIs, and troubleshoot and maintain them.
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent.
• You communicate ideas clearly, and write intelligently.
• You're an independent self-starter who can take an ambiguous idea from whiteboard to production.
• You can see the bigger picture and want to be part of a business, not just an engineering team.
• Existing US work authorization required - sorry, no sponsorship available.
• We do thorough code reviews using GitHub pull requests. We aim for high code quality with a lightweight process.
• We practice rapid iteration - if it’s been reviewed and makes production better, deploy to production.
• Before coding, we sweat the details and edge cases, debate the design, and disagree openly.
• We use the best tools money can buy, and focus on solving real problems for customers, not re-inventing the wheel.
• We write tests pragmatically for things that are mission-critical or prone to failure. Think billing and offer redemption, not Backbone templates.
• Our stack: React, Backbone.js, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB
• Competitive salary + meaningful equity, and standard perks like 401k plan
• 100% of health insurance & dental premiums covered
• Unlimited vacation & sick time (with 2 weeks/year minimum and $1,000 in vacation travel expenses reimbursed per year)
• Free weekly team lunches
• Daily snacks, coffee and tea
• Book & training budget
• Lunch & learn presentations
• Unlimited startup war stories on demand
No recruiters please. Thanks!
See our commitment to candidates: https://engineering.privy.com/our-commitment-to-candidates/