Software Engineer - Frontend
We’re looking for an experienced engineer who wants to contribute to our growing company. This is a rare opportunity to join a successful startup that is already rapidly growing, but still has room for you to make a career-changing difference for the business.
- Implement UI and product design improvements to the Privy Merchant Dashboard, where our merchants build campaigns.
- Maintain and extend Privy's website personalization code in CoffeeScript and ES6.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent, OR professional software engineering experience shipping features to production users.
- You communicate ideas clearly, and write intelligently.
- You're an independent self-starter who can take an ambiguous idea from whiteboard to production.
- You can see the bigger picture and want to be part of a business, not just an engineering team.
- Able to work onsite in Boston. Existing US work authorization required (sorry, no sponsorship available).
- We do thorough code reviews using GitHub pull requests. We aim for high code quality with a lightweight process.
- We practice rapid iteration - if it’s been reviewed and makes production better, deploy to production.
- Before coding, we sweat the details and edge cases, debate the design, and disagree openly.
- We use the best tools money can buy, and focus on solving real problems for customers, not re-inventing the wheel.
- We write tests pragmatically for things that are mission-critical or prone to failure. Think billing and offer redemption, not Backbone templates.
- Our stack: React, Backbone.js, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB
- Competitive salary + meaningful equity
- 100% of health insurance premiums covered
- Unlimited vacation & sick time (with 2 weeks/year minimum and $1,000 in vacation travel expenses reimbursed per year)
- Free weekly team lunches
- Daily snacks, coffee and tea
- Craft beer on tap
- Book & training budget
- Lunch & learn presentations
No recruiters or agencies please. Thanks!
See our commitment to candidates: https://engineering.privy.com/our-commitment-to-candidates/